A WORD FROM THE AUTHOR

     This warm balmy air is bringing on sensations of Key West and Exotic backdrops of palm trees and jungle rot. The perfect atmosphere to get my Hemmingway mack on.
    I must confess, however, safaris and big game hunting are not my thing , I would probably get stampeded by a rhino before I ever figured out how to shoot one. That could be said also for Bulls and bullfighting. I have no desire to wither away below a six hundred pound -plus bovine's horns.- Thank you please,.I am best suited to hang out with the monkeys and watch the world go comfortably by, away in the stands with sangria and an empanada.
     I am currently working on a new story that has nothing to do with any of this. but it does concern some steamy love letters by a woman named Lydia Barngarden and her Viva Las Vegas style love affair with an Elvis imitator.Unfortunately, in this story, Elvis does not get the girl... no one is the winner in this tour de force epic romance.

     Having said that, you will see how far the fantasy-obsessed individuals in my story are willing to go if no one steps in to challenge their mental illness; fortunately, someone does; someone always has to or there would be no story.

     This has the where with all of a great Italian Opera except for one thing; in an Opera, some  one has to die... Here, however, in the modern world in which we live, the characters just go on to ruin people's lives escalating their foolishness until everyone is emotionally destroyed. Viscerally wounded but not dead. As Hemmingway has demonstrated time and again, it takes courage to die nobly in sport and fancy;  the characters in my story will have no courage whats so ever.

    So as I get into character development for my next scene I hope you can give me some feedback on my new transition.  In this one, I am going for the Rudyard Kipling.bungle in the jungle.
WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT SUMMER     AS ALWAYS,   ROCCO
/www.amazon.com/Reversal-Rocco-Scibetta/dp/1480847771

1 comment:

  1. I might have spelled Hemingway's name incorrectly every single time. Please forgive me...one "M"

    ReplyDelete

combined book exhibit NY.NY .