Felix X Cole; what is love? An excerpt from APPLES FROM THE GARDEN OF EDEN

Talk to me about love, whisper sweet nothings into my ear and don't forget who's taking you home and in my arms your going to be, so Darling save the last dance for me.
excerpt, APPLES FROM THE GARDEN OF EDEN;
Felix, what is Love?  Now answer carefully my friend the future of my decision could depend on how you answer this.”
 Jay sat back taking a deep swig of his bourbon. He could feel the subtle sensations of alcohol running through his circulatory system like little firefighters rushing to put out a brush fire in his frontal lobe.
Let's see How old Cole handles this. Jay thought to himself sizing up Cole.
A confirmed bachelor, no ladies anyone’s standard. Not a romantic, not Gay. Zero social life unless you count those crummy lectures.  What do I really know about my Old Pal, Felix x. Cole. In fact, I don’t really know anything about him. The truth is, He is so damn boring I never realized I do not know anything about him. In addition, some how he is my only close friend.

   Cole turned from the window. He appeared to be in complete control of his senses. Not looking at Jay but looking through him, not looking around the room but looking past it Cole had taken on a persona of a confident businessman and a mystic.   He reminded jay of the amusement park when he was a kid. There were coins they gave out on the carousel ride a silver coin that had a comedy and tragedy face on opposite sides. 

    Cole could not have been more possessed as he answered. 

“The path to love lies in knowing how to master the eyes, the ears the masculine and the feminine.  It is a path. For those who choose it, there is no final destination and there fore no satisfying explanation about its end.”  Availablewww.amazon.com/Apples-Garden-Eden-Rocco-Scibetta/dp/1682136760

No comments:

Post a Comment

combined book exhibit NY.NY .